Every year many of us set ourselves goals or resolutions to be ‘better’- giving up smoking, drinking, chocolate or whatever, or vowing to join the gym, save money, write that novel, get a promotion. All perfectly reasonable resolutions and like most people, I start every year with the best intentions.
And this year is no exception.
One of my aims this year is to post to this blog every day. That’s achievable, right? I have completed a 365 challenge in the past, so I know it can be done. Why am I doing this? Because I have other goals in mind, and by writing them down and tracking my progress, I hope to achieve them too.
Here’s the list (in no particular order). Many of the goals are connected in some way. Some may seem trivial but hey, its MY list:
- Lose weight. I have fallen off the wagon since last April, so back to SW this week.
I feel unhealthy and unfit and this has to stop.
- Meal plan to cut shopping bills and reduce waste. Cook healthy meals, and try new recipes.
- Work on my capsule wardrobe. I started this when I ditched some of my ‘fat’ clothes.
- Wear my shoes. I have some seriously fab shoes that I never wear. I’m going to wear them and post pics of the proof.
- Bust my craft/sewing stash. I’m going to sew for myself and make things that make me happy. Being creative is good for the soul.
- Look for ways to waste less. I love being thrifty; upcycling and using pre-loved items. I’m going to share my thrifty tips to save money and time.
- Write my new panto. Deadline June. Eek!
- Read more. I mean books, not facebook or twitter.
- Get a new job. This one’s important. My short term contract ends in March, so serious searching starts soon.
- Move about more. Do some walking or swimming. Look after myself.
I may add others as I go along, but that seems plenty to be going along with. My idea is to set a theme for each day of the week to give some structure, e.g.’Friday = Food’ which could be menu plans or recipes. Tuesday is my weigh in day so that will be SW related.
So, if you are a regular reader, prepare for a daily dose of me and my life.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope 2017 is fabulous for all of us.
You may be marvelling at how up-beat and positive I am at this early hour. Truth is, I wrote this last night before I went to a NYE party. I’m probably still asleep, or nursing a hangover right now. The healthy stuff starts tomorrow!