Today I… tried a new recipe- fennel crumbed chicken. I found it in the May/June issue of the free M&S magazine that I picked up in store. What a gorgeous photo. I didn’t serve mine with the tomato salad as seen here- we had new potatoes and some freshly shelled, home grown peas and tiny, baby carrots (not from our garden but a gift from a friend). I forgot to take a photo, but it was delicious! I can’t wait to harvest our own carrots, they tasted amazing! Easy-peasy to do:
- Place chicken breasts between 2 sheets of cling film and beat with a rolling pin until 1cm thick.
- Mix 2 tsp of toasted crushed fennel seeds with 2tbsp plain flour, season with salt and pepper; spread on a plate.
- Beat one egg and put in a shallow bowl.
- Mix 150g fresh breadcrumbs with 2 tbsp grated parmesan and put on plate.
- Dust chicken with flour (shake off excess), dip in beaten egg, then breadcrumbs.
- Fry chicken in sunflower oil, about 5-6 minutes per side, until golden and cooked through.
- Drain on kitchen paper, slice and serve.
Bon appetit, mes amis.